Managed Care Organization (MCO) and Workers’ Compensation

After your injury, if you receive a letter from the insurer/employer telling you that you are enrolled in a managed care organization (MCO), you must seek care from one of the providers in the organization.  There is an exception if you are treating with a doctor not in the MCO and changing doctors would be  detrimental to your health or treatment.  You can appeal this issue if the insurer does not agree. There is also an exception if there are no medical specialists  in the MCO who can treat your specific injury.  Your doctor can also apply to become certified by the MCO.

If you have questions regarding your on-the-job injury claim, contact the law office of Philip H. Garrow

Similar Posts